Links to parties outside this web site do not constitute an endorsement of those parties or the opinions contained therein, or any representation as to the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information supplied by them. Sobering Funeral Chapel & Crematorium assumes no responsibility for acts, errors or omissions by off-site parties or the information or materials supplied by them.
Canada Pension Plan Survivors Benefits
Canada Pension Plan survivor benefits are paid to a deceased contributor’s estate, surviving spouse or common-law partner and dependent children. There are three types of benefits:
- The death benefit is a one-time payment to, or on behalf of, the estate of a deceased Canada Pension Plan contributor;
- The survivor’s pension is a monthly pension paid to the surviving spouse or common-law partner of a deceased contributor;
- The children’s benefit is a monthly benefit for dependent children of a deceased contributor.
Canada Pension Plan Death Benefit
The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Death Benefit provides a one-time payment to, or on behalf of, the estate of a deceased contributor. Delivered by: Service Canada on behalf of Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC).
Province of Manitoba Vital Statistics
The Vital Statistics Agency is responsible for administering and enforcing The Vital Statistics Act, The Marriage Act, The Change of Name Act and processing disinterments under The Public Health Act. The Agency registers vital events (birth, death, marriage, stillbirth and change of name) in Manitoba and provides documents as proof of those events. Legislation protecting privacy governs who can access records held by the Agency.
Veterans Affairs Canada
“When Death Occurs” — The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers a wide range of benefits and services for the surviving spouse, dependent children and dependent parents of deceased veterans and military servicemembers.
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Canada Pension Plan
- Workers Compensation Board
- Criminal Injuries Compensation
- The Employment Income Assistance Act